Rating:        Based on 8 ratings
Reviewed:  8 reviews
Downloads: 4771
Released: Sep 22, 2015
Updated: Sep 23, 2015 by bandrben
Dev status: Stable Help Icon

Recommended Download

Application MMDNavigator.exe.zip
application, 49K, uploaded Sep 23, 2015 - 4062 downloads

Other Available Downloads

Source Code SPMMDNavigator.zip
source code, 447K, uploaded Oct 6, 2012 - 709 downloads

Release Notes

Use SharePoint Managed Metadata Navigator to browse, explore, create, update, delete, export and import MMD Groups, Termsets, and Terms for SharePoint 2010.

Reviews for this release

I looked at several tools and chose this to migrate term sets from 2010 to 2013. It did the job with great ease, preserving the existing values on items.
by ToreKristiansen on Aug 3, 2015 at 5:23 PM
Looks like a very promising tool, however I am looking for something that can connect to SharePoint Online and not On Premise. Looks like I will be using parts of the code to write my own solution.
by jerrith on Sep 2, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Tried on sp2013 with the addition written here. IT worked. I use it to extract it.
by suxxxann on Sep 1, 2014 at 11:25 AM
it worked for me one time. Now everytime I want to use it and click on a Group it looses the Focus and I am not able to Import any termsets. What to do?
by DKV on Jul 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Fantastic tool, thank you!
by ivan300 on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
A fan of spcamlqueryhelper, tried this out and it makes exporting/importing MMD data across environments easy. Used it to migrate data to my staging environment. Keep it up!
by codemonkey01 on Oct 9, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Great tool, thanks. To use it with SP2013 just add the following to the config file configuration element: <startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" /></startup>
by klinkby on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I used this to migrate term sets from SP2010 to SP2013. Worked great and preserved all the unique identifiers. Make sure you change the config file to support SP2013 (see klinkby's comment - thank you!). I only ran into one issue - I couldn't import term sets with same name even if they were in different term groups. Workaround was to slightly change the name of the term set in the exported XML file and then rename back to correct name after importing.
by edumas on Jan 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM